Monday 26 July 2010

Raul Throws Future Into Question


Real Madrid forward Raul has cast doubt over his expected move to Schalke of Germany when speaking at his farewell party in the Spanish capital. It had been thought that a move to Germany had been done and dusted but Raul threw the door open to other potential suitors when he said "I have had very deep discussions with Schalke but there are other teams that are also interested. My future lies in Germany or England"

Among other possible places where Raul could see out his career are Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester United. Tottenham had also been linked with the Spaniard but Harry Redknapp has vehemently denied any such rumours.

Raul also spoke of his continued love for Real Madrid: "Football has been my life and Real Madrid my home. Together we have lived unique moments.

"I feel like a footballer still and I will keep on playing but I will always be loyal to Real Madrid. I have tried to give everything in my time here.

"A new period starts today. I have been happy at Real Madrid and I will always be willing to help the club in whatever it needs."

In a Bernabeu career that has lasted seventeen seasons Raul scored 323 goals for Real Madrid in 741 games, including becoming the all-time leading scorer in Champions League football with 66 goals. The experienced front man also scored 44 times in 102 games for the Spanish national team.

No comments:

Post a Comment