Friday 23 July 2010

Henry Signs for NY Red Bulls

Thierry Henry, the former Monaco and Arsenal striker, has joined MLS side New York Red Bulls on a contract that will last ‘multiple years’. Henry left Barcelona with a year remaining on his contract and is expected to make his NY debut in a friendly match against Tottenham on 22nd July. The front man will leave Barcelona having scored 49 goals during a three year period at the Catalan club, with already being Arsenal’s record goal scorer with 226 goals in 370 appearances for the gunners.

When asked about the move Henry said; “It is an honour to play for the New York Red Bulls. I am fully aware of the team's history and my sole goal during my time here is to help win the club its first championship.

“Knowing Red Bull's significant commitment to soccer locally and internationally, I am confident that my team-mates and I will succeed.”

The French hitman may soon have a former Barcelona teammate joining him at the Red Bull Arena with Rafael Marquez rumoured to be in talks with the US club.

No comments:

Post a Comment