Tuesday 27 July 2010

Burridge Looks Ahead To Final Badminton Session


Over the past six weeks six groups have been taking badminton classes, four at begginner level and two at advanced level, in order to learn and improve their skills at a sport that, despite being popular as a recreational activity, gets little media attention of it's own in the country. Today we catch up with one of these players.

Henry Burridge, who took one of the beginners classes, spoke fondly of his time on the course.
"It's been good fun, I've picked up some new skills and made a new group of friends. Previously I'd only played at school and never had any proper lesson on it so it was rather back to basics for me, but with the high standard of coaching it was easy for me to pick up and play."


He is also keen to continue with the sport now that the course has finished.
"I'll definitely keep going with it, some of us have talked about playing together at the same time during the week and a few have decided to take the course again when the time comes in October. After that I hope I'll be good enough to join the club in my local village, and after that, who knows?"

No comments:

Post a Comment